Sunday, September 30, 2012

Remember who your friends are

For those of you who have followed my blog you know who BOB is.

He is the guy who comes in the shop and helps out with decades of experience as a math professor and a couple decades beyond that as an all around good helper and handyman.  He is also the guy who gave me my tree to work on my masters project.  He has been a very good friend and one I am indebted to. 


With that said, I'm repaying debts. :)  Jan, Bobs wife isn't getting around as well anymore and needed a ramp on the back of the house. So, I made a materials list, Bob went shopping and I came over the next day.
    
8 hours and 2 pulled hamstrings later: Jan had a new ramp on the back of the house.

She had a new ramp that allows her to get into and out of the house on her own. Giving her back the  freedom she was missing.

After giving Jan back some freedom and crippling myself for three days, do I feel I'm 'even' with Bob?...not on your life! 

Beyond anything and everything Bob has done for me or I have done for him , or we will do for each other. - It doesn't matter.  We are friends and friends help each other, and if you cant rely on your friends to be there for you like this ... maybe you should find better friends. 

Start by Being A Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails