Monday, January 25, 2010

The Heart


Turned from Manzanita burl (number 5 on wood density scale) Natural voids have been hollowed, inlaid in pure silver and filled with a resin colored to off white/pearlescent

If you put 2 small fists together that's just a smidge bigger than this box....& it took a solid 3 weeks worth of work to turn , inlay & carve.....

This particular one was made for a sweet sixteen and the beautiful garnet encrusted pure silver heart was contracted by Jewelry by Geffre and then inset by me.

I have 6 more SLOWLY in process ranging in size from a small granny smith apple to a large red delicious. In my personal opinion - this is my best work to date.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is really gorgeous! I can't wait to see your other completed work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails